What is Cupping?
It is an ancient form of treatment, in which special cups are placed on the surface of the skin, acting as suction devices. Read More+
There are three methods:
- Dry Massage Cupping: once the suction has occurred, the cups are moved gently across the skin, (olive oil is used to help the movement), and this causes blood to be gathered as the superficial muscle layer is pulled upward. This is often relaxing and relieving for the patient.
- 2) Dry Cupping: once the suction has occurred, the cups are left in that position for a few minutes, and this method helps with blood flow in those areas.
- Wet Cupping: once the suction has occurred, small incisions are made on the surface of the skin, which removes all “bad” blood, allowing toxins to be released and blockages to be cleared.
Cups could be of glass, bamboo, clay or silicone. And the method of suctioning also varies. These are discussed with the patient beforehand, and guidance is given as to which is the most suitable under which conditions.
Benefits of Cupping:
There are numerous benefits of this form of alternative medicine. Some are as follows:
- It loosens stiff muscles.
- Encourages blood flow.
- Sedates the nervous system (excellent treatment for high blood pressure).
- Relief from back and neck pains.
- Treats anxiety, fatigue, migraines, rheumatism, and cellulite.
- Helps with weight loss.
- Relieves toothache and throat ache.
- Treats skin conditions; itchiness, sores, scabies, and ulcers.
- Helps against gout, haemorrhoids, elephantiasis.
- Beneficial for menstruation problems in women.
Cupping, a Prophetic Medicine:
Apart from being a traditional Chinese therapy, which has been going on for over 2000 years, it is also highly recommended by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
There are various incidents and traditions recorded in the books of Hadeeth, which prove the use of cupping in Arabia, by the Prophet (PBUH) and his Companions, and many books have been written regarding its benefits.
“The Prophet (PBUH) was cupped on his head for an ailment while he was in a state of Ihram, at a place called Jamal.” [Sahih Bukhari 76:21]
“If there is any good in your medicines, then it is in a gulp of honey, a cupping operation, or branding (cauterization), but I do not like to be (cauterized) branded.” [Sahih Bukhari 76:22]
“The best medicines you may treat yourselves with are cupping and sea incense.” [Sahih Bukhari 76:18]
“There is healing in cupping.” [Sahih Bukhari 76:19]
The Prophet (PBUH) also said:
“I did not pass by an angel from the angles on the night journey (Israa), except that they all said to me: upon you is cupping O Muhammad!” [Tirmidhi: 3477]
In another narration it’s mentioned: “Order your nation to perform cupping.” [Tirmidhi: 3479]
So, after learning more about this ancient, but trendy culture of therapeutic medicine, you now must have an idea of how it works.
And how it can benefit you, However more detailed explanation and guidelines will be given by the practitioner,on your appointment. Feel free to contact us, if you have any doubts or queries, we are here to help you